Friday, April 4, 2014

Would you like some chocolate with that?

One thing the USA is famous for is doing everything to the extreme.
They do Extreme Fishing, Extreme Mining, Extreme Cars, Extreme Abseiling..Extreme Cake Decorating,  Extreme Weddings, Extreme Piercings, Extreme Tattoos, Extreme Makeovers, Extreme Birth Stories... you name it, the USA has it covered.

So in my Pinterest Frenzy this week I started on a bit of an Easter binge.

Because there are so many awesome pins from people waaaaaaay more dedicated than me to:

Easter decorating



Easter making





And Easter Baking


\






Seriously ????

But time and time again I came across USA links to Easter Bunny Bark.


What Is That?

First of all, the bunny in my house doesn't eat bark - He prefers some short cut alfalfa sprouts, green tips only, a quarter of a freshly harvested carrot and the Spanish dried, late harvested, $35 a pound gooseberries from the island of Rabbit-Nirvana .

Secondly, the Easter Bunny at my house does not qualify for a stop over snack
(I thought that was Santa . Milk and cookies or in our case Beer and some peanuts please)

Thirdly.. .... ... ... umm ...  seriously, you make this stuff for imaginary characters???

But as it happens, and it happens often, I got converted, sucked in and won over...

so tonight before ballet....

Miss 9 and me made Easter Bunny Bark.

Basically you chop up some toppings (read : what ever Mum could find leftover on the back of the "saving it for Christmas" cupboard):




You melt some white chocolate into liquid form:




You sprinkle the goodies over the good stuff:




And smash it all down.




Cool in the fridge til firm and chop into manageable pieces:





Happy Days!!!

We are so freakin' ready for the Easter Bunny, It's not even funny right now,

( **  Also I might have Type 2 diabetes from all the sugar I have consumed today. Seriously. ** )

What have you made that makes your head and blood sugar level spin?

18 comments:

  1. That looks yummy though. But I do also get tired of the over the top for everything mentality.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is over the top! I like the idea of decorating a bit.. more so Miss 9 & I can do some crafty stuff over the holidays but some people take it to the final frontier. Thanks for visiting :-)

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe people seriously go to so much trouble decorating their homes for Easter! Yesterday I also found myself sucked into the vortex that is pintrest and was marvelling at all the over the top (and yummy) treats there are. I don't think I'd have the patience to make most of them, but I think I'll be having a go at your Easter Bark.
    The last big sugar rush I had was probably after eating the MASSIVE slice of cheesecake for dessert while at DPCON14. My toddler on the other had was high as a kite after consuming SIX lolly pops on our flight from Brisbane to Melbourne on Sunday. Thankfully the sugar hit arrived once we had landed, and the lollypops were fantastic bribery during the flight. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 lollipops Lol, I bet the other people on the plane were wondering how you kept him so quiet through the flight. Yeah, it's pretty much white chocolate rocky road really. Although lots of what I saw on pinterest involved smashing up easter eggs and easter treats to top the white chocolate.. I just used what was in the cupboard :-)

      Delete
  3. That bark looks super yummy. Seriously though, don't things get over hyped up. We just move from one thing to another and every year it's more extreme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things really do get hyped up.. pretty much like a Victoria Football grand final. I did think it's a shame that the only thing we really bother about is Christmas in Australia, whereas in the US there seems to be another celebration coming every couple of months.. it would be nice if we had the anticipation of a celebration throughout the year, not just at Christmas. Nice but exhausting :-)

      Delete
  4. Did you see the German guy who decorated his tree with 10,000 eggs? Trust the Germans to turn Easter decorating into an engineering feat! My FIL is a German Engineer and he loves a challenge. I'm with you the bark looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Easter Egg Tree man.. what an amazing thing to do, I don't know where he stores them for the rest of the year but WOW.

      Delete
  5. WOW! Some of those Easter crafts and displays are full on. I've heard of Christmas Bark, but not of Easter Bunny Bark. I might have to make some with my girls this Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, some people just throw themselves into the decorating & baking completely I guess, I don't have that much time, energy or $$$ ! This was pretty simple to do and the kids are enjoying eating :-)

      Delete
  6. You just know this has been made by some mum with a sugar addiction who has justified eating it because she is the easter bunny. She is a pretty clever mum that one ;)
    I love the bunny bark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaa oh no! my secret is out!
      Actually Jess, I don't really like chocolate, so all the hype about Easter eggs etc is pretty much lost on me. I don't mind white chocolate so this worked for me. I doubt there will be much left for the Big Bunny

      Delete
  7. OMG! That looks super good! Talk about all things extreme!
    It can't be Easter, otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's basically sugar with some sugar and then some sugar sprinkled on top. That's bound to keep the kids calm and quiet during the school holidays right?

      Delete
  8. That is awesome. I am trying it. I love M&Ms and will eat a whole pack to myself - the big one and then am dizzy for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! How awesome does that bark look?! Such a fun baking activity for the kids too. It's tempting to try, but I think we're hyped up enough here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's like white chocolate rocky road in wafer-thin (well, biscuit thin) portions! We are notoriously BAD at preparing for Easter. In fact I was shocked this morning when Kirsty told me she has already bought easter eggs for the kids - I am totally disappointed I wont get to do my traditional "night before mad dash" to the supermarket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally going to do this - looks SO easy even I could do it. I'm not up for much craft - maybe a few egg painting, hard boiled of course. YUMMO

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa