Thursday, October 11, 2012

Guest Post - My Perfect Holiday




While I am away with The Man I Married enjoying the most divinely relaxing holiday ever,
Lovely Caroline from Present Imperfection has so generously offered to guest-blog for me......

My Perfect Holiday
If you asked most parents what their idea of a perfect holiday would be, it would probably feature a beach, a pool and plenty of kids clubs, or perhaps a child-free break in a luxurious hotel.
When you have a child with Asperger’s kids clubs aren’t really an option. Generally the staff are young and probably don’t have much experience with a child with special needs. Boy Wonder sometimes finds new environments stressful, so we have avoided them.
The best holidays for Boy Wonder have been camping or renting the same beach house in Whitstable, Kent which the boys loved so much they thought it was theirs! Familiar surroundings mean fewer melt downs as BW knows what to expect.


Now we have moved to Australia the perfect holiday means adventure. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing wonder in the boys’ eyes when they are exposed to a new and exciting experience.
Swimming with the whale sharks in Western Australia is high on my ‘to do’ list. Both the boys were born in water and have always loved swimming and the sea. From a young age Boy Wonder has had a fascination for sea creatures, specifically, whales and sharks.  So this would be perfect.
I have no idea whether they would freak out totally and hate me forever, but either way it would be an unforgettable experience!
There will be plenty of time to enjoy beaches and cocktails with my husband, but it’s the idea of adventurous holidays with my boys that fill me with excitement now.

What’s your idea of a perfect holiday?



Caroline's bio :
Hi I am Caroline (@mrsceeeceee on twitter). I am pom on an adventure in Melbourne. I love it here, but it is very far. I am here with The Saint, the love of my life and my two boys. Boy Wonder is 11 and has Asperger's Syndrome. Cheeky Monkey is 8 and very cheeky. Together we are muddling through the challenges of being expats and having a unique person in our family. Read my blog www.presentimperfection.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caroline, welcome!

    I am Madmother, mother to two boys, 13 & 14, the older being on the autism spectrum (Aspie).

    Our holidays? Best at my little cottage on the Mid North Coast of NSW. As both kids have been going there since birth it is a home away from home. Nothing like routine to keep them happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa