Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fence sitting


I wanted to share my most favourite poem ever. I remember my brother David teaching it to me, and it has been part of who I am in so many ways ever since.

Come sit down beside me,

I said to myself,

And although it doesn't make sense, 

I held my own hand,

As a small sign of trust,

and together, I sat on the fence.

 

Written by Michael Leunig

I love this! To me ( and I'm sure there are many other interpretations ) it means that even if I am alone in my convictions, even if no-one else will sit beside me, I am strong enough to hold my own hand, and to trust my own instincts. 

Mr Leunig is an immensely talented Australian poet, writer and artist. What a gift to be able to express something so awesome in just a few words.

**sigh**

Love

Lisa

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa