Saturday, July 27, 2013

Liebster Award Loving

What a lovely week! I was delighted to find that lovely Jodie From Fresh Home Cook nominated little ol' me for a Liebster Award.




What is a Liebster award?
“A Liebster award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 additional facts about yourself, write 11 new questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.”


In keeping with the above rules here are Jodie's questions and my answers ...

1.  Tea or coffee?
 Coffee in the daylight hours, then tea in the evening. But I am a sad Nanna so I only drink weak as dishwater instant coffee.

2.  Chocolate or cheese?
Definitely cheese. I really dislike chocolate and rarely eat it. I don't mind chocolate flavoured things like cake or pudding, but I will scrag-fight you to the death over the last piece of King Island Brie.

3.  What did you want to be when you grew up?
I STILL haven't decided on this! I wanted to be a school teacher for a while there, mainly because I really liked the idea of writing whatever I wanted on the chalk board, but since having kids I have discovered that I really only like my own offspring (and even then it's questionable) so the idea of looking after 28 kids I didn't give birth to gives me hives.

4.  What is your favourite post from your blog?
The Carnival Ride is my favourite post.. it describes how it feels to be parenting an Aspergers child while all your friends are parenting 'typical' kids, but it is a positive post, rather than all doom and gloom.

5.  What is your one skill you wish you had?
I would love Go-go Inspector Gadget extenda-arms. How great would those be! You've never have to get out of bed to turn off the light or the TV, you could make yourself a cup of tea, all while snuggling under your doona.



6.  If money wasn’t a factor what would your ideal ‘job’ be?
Writing, designing, a little bit of nursing to keep my brain ticking... guess what? That's what I do now, only with a little more nursing because $$ is a factor.

7.  What is your most worn & loved piece of clothing / attire?
Pyjamas! If I can have a day in my PJ's I embrace it with love. There is something a little bit naughty about still being in your comfy Flannelette PJ's at 4 pm. Warm and snuggly, sigh.

8.  Where is your best holiday destination & why?
We don't have a lot of holidays. In fact we almost never go on holidays. But as each of our kids get to the end of Grade 6 we take just that child away for a few days to celebrate and to have some time just with them. We have taken 3 of our 4 away so far, each of them wanted to go to QLD to the theme parks. We have had an absolute ball, and with only one child to concentrate on we could spend time getting to know them and enjoy the little quirks of their individual personalities. Those little holidays will always be memories I will treasure.

9.  What is you favourite kitchen gadget & why?
The dishwasher! It's a large gadget I know, but gosh it makes life easier. Our house is busy and there is always washing up to be done. The dishwasher stops me from crying on a regular basis.

10.  Board shorts or budgie smugglers (speedos)?
Oh please ! Board Shorts. And I strongly recommend a t-shirt unless you are built like Hugh Jackman. If you are built like Hugh Jackman, please send photos.

11.  What is your earliest childhood memory?
I remember a giant Easter basket being delivered to our house.. Easter 1974 so I was 21 months old, and I can remember quite clearly how enormous the centre egg seemed. It was wrapped in Aqua coloured Foil and the smell from the basket was divine. I wanted to pull the eggs out and Mum kept telling me "No". Perhaps that is when my aversion to chocolate began?

 
 
ELEVEN additional Facts about me :
 
1 - I can't knit ... I have lots of wool, lots of theory but somehow, no matter how careful I am, I start off with 20 stitches and end up with 17, or 24. They are sneaky little suckers!
 
2 - I can do The Cup Song from Pitch Perfect and like to practice it when I'm alone. I make lots of mistakes but I like to try.
 
3 - I have a dreadful singing voice. Dreadful. People would pay me to not sing. It's a nasally, fingernails down a blackboard with a bit of drowning cat thrown in for fun. When I sing out loud, one of our dogs hides in the bathroom cupboard and the other one races up and down the hallway looking for the fire exit.
 
4 - When I was little my favourite thing to do was playing in the sand pit with my brother. We would collect little black Alexander beetles and put them in his matchbox cars and drive them around the sand pit.
 
5 - When I was 15 I went to New Zealand on a Rotary Exchange for 3 months. I was utterly miserable the whole time.
 
6 -  I always wonder if the people in the background of movie or TV show scenes are actually talking to one another or just mouthing random words. There seems to be an awful lot of nodding going on between extras, how can they all be in agreement on everything?
 
7 - I think about exit plans a lot ... like when I'm in an airplane I make plans so that if the plane breaks apart mid flight, I will grab a door and air-surf on it all the way to the ground, then just before I hit the ground, I'll jump up, cleverly negating the 60,000 metre free fall and it would be like I just jumped a couple metres off the ground. Clever I say!
 
8 - I'm the one in 300,000 girl. If a disease or disorder is very rare then I am gonna have it. I hate when a doctor cocks their head to the side and says " Look, it's highly unlikely, but...." Shut Up ! You just nailed the coffin shut! I have had some weird and wonderful things, been in crazy situations and my family will say "It can only happen to you.."
 
9 - I like Granny Undies. I have a drawer full of "cute little things" but actually I'm much more comfortable and relaxed in my Granny undies .. Everything covered that needs to be covered. Mental Image credit here (OMG not really! Please tell me you didn't click!)
 
10 - In my pantry there is a tonne of food that I know I will probably never use but I feel more rounded having it in there. For example there is a can of chickpeas, just in case I ever have the urge or need to make my own hummus. Between you and I, I'm fairly certain that will never happen, but I like the notion that there is the possibility.
 
11- I've never had a labour contraction. Four kids, not a one! I was awake for the birth of Mr 19 with a spinal block c-sec but fast asleep for the 3 girls. Baby no 1 (J-man) was a tiny wispy blonde baby, so when hubby handed me Baby no 2 (now Miss 17), a chunky little dark haired newborn bundle, I was not entirely sure that there hadn't been a mix up. Only the fact that we were the only Mum and Bub in our tiny little community hospital offered any reassurance that she was in fact my daughter. It also means that I don't remember much at all of their first 24 hours as the general anaesthetic knocks me for six :-(
 
 
It's my turn to pick some bloggers and give them some questions...
 
1. Pink Or Red
2. What is one thing you would love to learn how to do?
3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
4. When do you do your best work?
5. What would you ask for as your last meal?
6. If you could spend a day with any person on the planet who would it be with and why?
7. What food do you hate?
8. What was your favourite childhood toy?
9. Your favourite high school memory is...?
10. What superpower do you wish you could have ? (I love this question so I'm borrowing it)
11. You have to leave your house in five minutes, and never come back. Your kids and pets are safe. What 5 material possessions are you going to grab?
 
I am handing the Liebster award on to some of my favourite peeps, some very newly discovered, some just quietly flying under the radar. Please show some loving support to these bloggers. I will add Links to their Liebster posts when they write them.
 
 
 Show them some loving  xxx
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and congratulations on your award! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will try and get this done this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, some great questions in there. I also like tea extremely weak and only drink it at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me, I've finally done my liebster post. :) you can find it here >>> http://homelealass.com/2014/06/21/blogging-liebster-awards/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa